ENTERPRISE THEME: Health & Wellbeing
Employees are highly sensitive to transformations of their work environment and, while they may be able to cope, their ability to manage the stress associated with the changes is robustly tested. This has a direct bearing on their physical and emotional wellbeing, motivation and commitment .
Emotionally engaged employees are more likely than transactional engaged individuals to have high levels of wellbeing and are less likely to experience burnout or work–family conflict ; exhibit high task performance and high levels of citizenship behaviour, and, less likely to indulge in deviant behaviour which might damage the organization .
- Performance increase of more than 2.5 times by their employees.
- An 8 fold increase in the number of engaged employees.
- An increase of 3.5 times greater creativity and innovation in product and processes implemented by employees.
- Increased staff retention and a reduction in unwanted attrition.
Positively engaged employees take on average 4 days/year less in absence, and exhibit less than half the rate of presenteeism levels, further boosting their performance . It is therefore unsurprising that, by addressing employee attitudes and behaviours, results in positive outcomes leading to a plethora benefits.
Addressing employee attitudes and behaviours results in positive outcomes leading to a plethora benefits.
- Attitudinally, the degree to which an employee feels:
Less stressed resulting in lowering the number of sick days.
Psychologically more positive towards their work and career within the organization.
- Committed to developing and continuing their career in an organization that cares for its employees welfare.
- Committed to the organisation’s goals and values (feel pride, loyalty, sense of trust and fairness).
- Motivated to contribute to organisational success (a positive advocate of their company to clients).
- Behaviourally, as a consequence, a healthy employee will:
- Outcomes: The outcome of a strong Health & Wellbeing programme, enhanced and accelerated by the use of catalysts – Training and Diversity, results in:
- Reduced Absenteeism  and Presenteeism directly leading to the rise of employee productivity by 40%.
- Minimised opportunity costs associated with the use of temporary/job share .
- Lowering the attrition rate ensuring that recruitment costs are kept to a minimal to replace staff lost .
- Retention of IP that could be lost to competitors .
- Employees are less likely to be directly approached by competitors  bringing them additional IP .
- Increased engagement breeds greater productivity and empowers employees to become both proactive and creative.
- Employees outperform their tasks exceeding expectations by 50% .
- An increase in reframing/new product or service development and identification of new markets/opportunities .